Mar 04, 2020
Orders for a dozen new Elekta cancer treatment solutions to address need for radiation therapy in Africa and Middle East
Representatives from several hospitals were eager to sign orders for Elekta solutions at Arab Health.
According to the Health Department of Abu Dhabi, approximately 4,500 new cases of cancer are reported every year in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Nevertheless, the country aims to reduce fatalities by 18 percent by 2021.
Elekta’s strategy is to be the partner of choice for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region – with a goal of becoming a “one-stop-shop” for radiotherapy solutions for both private and public-sector institutions.
In partnership with our distributors, Elekta was proud to host a record number of signing ceremonies with our customers at Arab Health Exhibition and Congress, including:
- Kampala Hospital, Kampala, Uganda – two Versa HD™ linacs
- University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City, Nigeria – two Elekta Infinity™ linacs
- Oyo State Hospital, Agodi, Nigeria – one Elekta Infinity linac
- Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Lagos, Nigeria – one Elekta Infinity linac
- A new private hospital in UAE – one Leksell Gamma Knife® Icon™
- Dr. Ziauddin University, Karachi, Pakistan – one Elekta Synergy®
- Heyat Omana Arzi, Iran – one Versa HD linac and one Elekta Synergy linac
- Heyat Omana Arzi, Iran – one Flexitron® brachytherapy afterloader
“As leaders in the field of radiotherapy in the region and in emerging markets, we have a critical role in ensuring that everyone with cancer – regardless of geography – has access to a precision radiation medicine treatment regimen,” says Habib Nehme, Elekta’s Executive Vice President, Turkey, India, Middle East and Africa. “With more 100 dedicated service engineers, over 1,100 clinicians trained on Elekta solutions in the region and more than 180 hospital sites with our products and solutions, we are proud to continue to grow this number with a record number of signings at Arab Health.”